Tried and tested, your money will lead you nowhere but being a big headed man. Your brain, although at some point it will give you fame, should you don't keep your feet in the ground, will fly you so high you would never go down. And that other you in the different life? I'm blaming it on TV. Because the truth my son, it is attitude that will take you to your success. Here are some tips Mom have.
1. Be kind to everyone, especially older people; say hi or at least give your warmest smile to everyone you meet on the street.
2. Be generous. One shall not be poor by giving. Stop thinking wether those beggars are real or just being lazy. It's the intention that counts.
3. Expect less. When you keep your expectation into a minimum level, you start to work on things for the sake of the work. Am I confusing you? Say, when you clean your room to make it more like a bed room, and not because you're worried I will throw all your toys and clothes to the trash, you will do it happily.
4. When you find a good friend, keep them. They won't always lend you money (doesn't mean you should borrow money from anyone), but they will aways be there. Even when they're not by your side. a good friend will always just a phone call away.
5. Older people are not always smarter. But they have live longer than you, and so they will have more life experience. Give them some credits and lost of respect.
6. Smile to everyone you meet. In our religion, smile is the smallest act of kindness. Plus, you'll look more handsome if you smile.
This list will get longer, as I would update this article now and then.